Sunday 14 October 2018

is it... Scotland?

I'll never be able to explain this away, so I hope you won't think weird thoughts when I tell you that the only thing on my mind at first sight of this scene was... Scotland.  
 


 
Nothing else, no where else.
 
Just... Scotland.
 
I don't know why the place came to mind, considering that I've never been there.

Nor do I know why the thought wouldn't go away, but instead only grew stronger and stronger as I stood there in the middle of the road, my whole being mesmerized by the beautiful orange glow of the setting sun as she cast her rays through the trees, leaving them silhouetted by their own shapes.
 
Really, it is not something I can explain easily away.
 
Might it have been that very spot on the low hill that I so happened to stand upon?
 
Might it have been the light filtering through the gaps of the carefully planted trees?
 
Might it have been the hint of mist arising from the asphalt road wettened by a passing afternoon rain that gave rise to another road wettened by frost, fog and dew?
 
Or might it have been the trees themselves?
 

 
I don't know.

I have no answer.
 
I only know that for the few short moments that I stood silently there admiring the beauty of the scene laid out before me, I was there, yet not there. And oddly it wasn't anywhere else in the whole wide world that I thought of, but that one country alone. 
 
And what of the highlands and the lowlands that sprung to mind?
 
Trees.
Cold Mist.
Space.
Forests.
Thick Forests with Moss on the Ground and Mist in the Air.
Frost on the Leaves.
Winter's Sunshine Filtering through the Trees
Winter's Brilliance Lighting Up the Leaves.
Quiet Serenity.
Nature's Cloak of Silence.
…………………………….
…………………
………….......
........