Wednesday 17 October 2018

Daffy climbs York Hill

For the life of me, I cannot quite recall where exactly we went this one particular afternoon. We definitely started from the East side, but which route it was that we took, I cannot recall. It might have been from the Geylang Lor 1 side near Kallang, or it might have been the Marina Barrage route that runs from Jalan Batu to the Kallang Stadium and then near Fort Road, but I know that somehow we turned up close to the Tiong Bahru area.
 
Chances are that we went along the Telok Blangah Road for a while past the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, Vivocity and then into Henderson Road which would have placed us at Bukit Merah and then we continued down towards Tiong Bahru Plaza, or we might have simply made  turn from Shenton Way towards Cantonment Road and then downwards towards Outram.
 
There are really so many ways to get to the Outram area... and I can't recall which of it was that we took.
 
All I have are a bunch of pictures that I took that day- with the camera- that I'd deliberately brought out, and which show blue skies, the turn opposite the row of shop houses that hold the Kampong Chicken Rice and the Tiong Bahru Pau outlet, up the very steep hill which I hopped off and pushed Daffy on, and then the mall near Robertson Quay.