Tuesday 16 October 2018

Dr. Hedison Royal Goat Skin Care



 
I've never drunk goats' milk, much less use it for skincare (even though I've heard lots of great things about the milk of goats, and so it came as a pleasant surprise when these products from Dr. Hedison landed in my circle, along with gentle admonishments to "please kindly use it...."
 
I guess my slapdash attitude towards facial and body skin care is now no more a secret to anybody. 
 
Admittedly, I'm quite a lazybones when it comes to personal skin care. I don't mean it in the sense that I have a simple routine. I mean it in the sense that I don't have much of a routine at all.
 
Yeah, it's not the bestest nor proudest thing to say, but that's what it usually is. I don't have much of a routine- I did start some sort of a nightly pattern once and then I got lazy and let it fly to the wind- and so my facial skin care products are limited to pharmacy-bought OTC facial wash with Loreal and Garnier being the most popular and OTC lotions that I particularly favour the Vaseline brand.
 
No, I don't even use proper facial lotions or serums at all...
 
Which honestly, I really should. -_-
 
But this is not an article about my nearly non-existent skin care routine- I'll write that another time- this is about the Royal Goat Milk Lotion and Royal Goat Milk Foam Cleanser that I got from South Korea's Dr. Hedison line.
 
They're really good, both products, and as much as I tend to say that I don't care, I suppose there really is a difference between what's meant for "general use" versus what's meant for 'proper skin care'. 
 
The foam cleanser which I use only once a day, is milky white in color, foams wonderfully when mixed with water, has this very, very delicate milky scent with an even lighter scent of floral, and does not need a big dollop at all.
 
And the Royal Goat Lotion is totally fantastic.
 
If it was just a general body lotion- I didn't see anything at the back of the bottle that said it was meant specifically for facial use- it has to be the best body lotion I've ever used. I'm telling you, it did to my face what no other pharmacy-bought OTC body lotion has thus far done.
 
It had the same faint milky scent as the foam cleanser, but the lotion had a slightly stronger tinge of the milk than its washbasin counterpart, and it was definitely thicker in texture.   
 
Still, it went nicely on my face, very, very smooth, very, very girly and very, very, homely, and like how all the SKII ads and POND ads often say, it made my face feel softer, plumper and smoother. I wouldn't go so far to say that it felt as plump and dewy as it looks in the TV ads, but I'd say that it definitely felt smoother, and yes, happily, both products certainly made me feel younger. :)