Sunday 5 November 2017

pretty foods: Chap Cai Png

Mixed Vegetable Rice
The light was good that day, I had my gear, and I thought this made for a very pretty memory.

Although something tells me that this is not going to be the only picture of my day to day meal that I'm gonna take. :)
 
Then again, why should this be the only one when mealtime is one of the most treasured times in life and we could be just as blessed with whatever we have and whatever we're eating and taking a picture is as much as an expression of thanks as a prayer before meals?
 
So there you go.
 
Chap cai png from a random coffee shop. Two dishes, no curry and just half a plate of rice.
 
Sweet sour pork is nostalgic to me.
 
When my first taste was, I don't really remember, that was a long time ago, but it just might have been at this restaurant along Upper Serangoon Road called Sin Leong, something, and it was a birthday dinner.
 
Then there're the zichar dishes where they do it really crispy and well and serve it up with chopped pineapples and cucumbers and you can have it with rice.  
 
And of course, there's the daily version, which one finds at most stalls in coffee shops and food courts and wherever there is a mixed rice stall and perhaps is somewhere down the line in quality and taste but never mind lar. :) It's hard for me to not see it as a go-to, and whenever I see that it's good, whenever I can have it, I have it. :)
 
Same goes for the veggies on this plate.
 
Which hor, honestly, I have no idea what they are... -_-