Sunday 19 November 2017

it was Mid Autumn

I don't have a lot of pictures of Mid-Autumn this year.
 
Actually I've not had any for a long time now.
 
Nothing much of significance, anyway, cos' Mid-Autumn often comes after what is, to me, the most chugging time of the year and by then any mood for celebration has dropped down by the wayside.
 
Not that I'm completely out of it.
 
Just that... well... it's either very familial, which means you've got the elders in the family, or children, or nieces and nephews who get thrilled with lanterns both traditional and battery operated, and who want mooncakes of varying types, or if not, the celebration is very corporatized, by which I think of the row of bags arranged neatly on the floor of an office I dropped by in, each holding one box of mooncakes from Fullerton Hotel.
 
And because I'm not quite either... so... :)
 
Still, I'm not entirely without the fun.
 
I hate letting any sort of celebration pass by me.
 
So I dropped by Ngee Ann City over two weekends to soak in the atmosphere of their Mid-Autumn Festival fair (and to sample some of the more interesting ones, hee...) whilst watching people arm themselves with order sheets and compare between the mooncakes of one hotel to the other.
 
I think I fell in love with the lychee martini ones and I'm forever in love with the traditional baked kind with sweet, sweet lotus and salted eggs within. How one can get the feels of mooncake without any salted egg inside kind of boggles me.
 
And I swung by Chinatown somewhere in the middle of the season to admire the lanterns hanging across Eu Tong Sen Street and take a picture.
 
So for Mid Autumn 2017 I got this. :)
 
From across the Road

And right below
 
Plus two really little mooncakes courtesy of Starbucks that we cut up into even tinier pieces and which are still sitting in the fridge.