Tuesday 2 January 2018

tuk tuk Cha tom yum Noodle

It's raining again. :D
 
It rained all through New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and now it is raining again. I love it. I've got my jacket (with hood!) and I'm feeling all warm and toasty and snuggly and, well, sleepy.. :)

What would help me right now is a nice cup of coffee. A nice big cup of coffee that warms the hands and the throat and gives me that caffeine kick, however small, and somehow manages to keep the brain chugging along comfortably.

What would also help, is this.

Spicy!!
A bowl of boat noodles in tom yum soup from the likes from Tuk Tuk Cha.

We had this the time I tried the toast cubes, and only so because it was dinner time and my dining companion decided that we were not going to go off with only a couple of bread boxes in our stomach when there were perfectly good options for proper meals sitting right there on the menu. So we ordered two mini bowls of noodles.

This bowl of seafood tom yum soup was mine.
;
With slurpy rice bee hoon, mushrooms, little fish slices, a prawn or two and sotong swimming about in what must be the reddest, spiciest broth I've ever tasted.

I mean it.

Now, all of us have different thresholds of spiciness, don't we? Let's just say that out of a scale of 1-5, I'm between 1.5 to 2. That's hovering somewhere between non spicy and very mildly spicy. This bowl, I'd estimate, would come between the levels of 2.5-3.

That's high for me.

It is not every day that I have a broth which fills my mouth with heat, warms me from the neck down and makes me feel like each spoonful is working my insides from my throat all the way down to my stomach.

But that's really how this teeny weeny bowl of soup is like. Don't underestimate it. It's not a bowl for kids. It's not a friendly bowl for children below the age of 12 who have never sampled a spicy dish or taken mala hotpot before. It is not a bowl, despite its size, that It packs a punch, as they say, and a good, solid punch at that.

Let's just say that plenty of body heat got dispelled thereafter. :)