Monday 22 January 2018

Collin's

Just thinking about how to start this article has me wanting to head over to Collin's for a meal, but there're only four outlets that I know of, and none of them are near where I am right now, or where I'm going to be after.. -_-

They've got an outlet at Balestier. They've got an outlet at Marina Square. They've also got an outlet up north at Yishun and one more at Cathay Cineleisure in Orchard.

The first outlet I went to was at Balestier.

Someone had suggested we have dinner there, said that it came highly recommended by social media influencers, so it should be quite good. Now, I can be a tad cynical about the full extent of social media marketing- it sometimes has to be taken as a touch and go- but I'd say that the Influencers weren't s***ting themselves this time. :D.

We got a table large enough to sit ten, perched ourselves on the stools, looked around at what the others were eating, and then decided to order a pizza.

Great choice. :)

The pizza had marvellous toppings and lots and lots of cheese.. I think we had the beef and the ham and the mushroom but looking at the picture, you can't really see it all, buried under the thick chewy layer of cheese as it is. And it isn't mozzerella cheese. It's brie, and which is so generous and so good that the taste of cheese is all that I can think about as I'm writing this right now.

Maybe it is the flavor. Something. Just something.

But I really cannot think of this pizza without thinking of all the cheese. :)

Pizza...

I love the veggies actually!
We had beer battered potatoes too. They've got their own name for them that I can't recall now. Think of crisply fried potatoes that are cutely shaped, served in a sort of wire mesh alongside two kinds of sauces. and you've got it. One's a salted egg sauce, the other's a mayonnaise and whilst a saltier salted egg sauce would be lovelier, but hey, just as good.

Beer Battered Potatoes
There is quite a charm eating at Collin's. Perhaps it is the casual dining vibe that strikes a chord with most diners. This is a family-friendly place. This is a place to come to for dinner on a fun date. This is a place to come with a group of anything-also-can-jiak friends, or even a relative who is the type that doesn't quite know what they want until they get to the place and thoroughly study the menu. :)

They'll find a very extensive menu here. Collin's has got two pages worth of appetisers alone. Then there's one page worth of pasta and baked rice. There's one page worth of pizza. There's one or two pages for the mains, and right at the end there's one page for dessert and drinks. 

I've seen a family of four order three plates and share amongst themselves. Steak, fish, ribs, pasta, the works. I've seen ladies pick off each others' plates. I've seen couples share one dish after another as it comes along.

Me and my Co Diner did the same for a recent celebration. :)

Ordered a steak and grilled fish dish topped with coleslaw, salad, corn on the cob and sweet potato fries to share, ordered a french onion soup, sipped an iced Earl Grey tea topped wih sliced lemon and finished our meal off with a small Ben & Jerry's ice cream. :)

French onion Soup

Steak and Salad

More Veggies!


Earl Grey Tea