Thursday 21 July 2022

Shopping!!!!

 It's not very often that I take pictures of stuff that I see in the stores. 

Maybe because I'm always concerned that the staff will either come up to offer help, or tell me that I'm not allowed to take pictures of their goods in the store. 

At the same time I don't tend to do suggestions for others nor do I seek opinions for myself as much as some of my other friends do>

But in recent times I've come to realize that it can be quite an enjoyable thing to take pictures of the stuff that I see on shelves, if not for sharing on social media, then for myself to have something (in future) to look back to. 

After all, products come and go. 

So do retail. 

And retail brands. 

I've had the puzzling situation where two of my favorite nail polish colors disappear off the shelves. 

One happened because the brand quit retail. 

The other because the brand just stopped that particular line. 

It's not the first time it has happened to me. 

One of my favorite nail polishes disappeared off the shelves years ago. 

Interestingly the same brand also discontinued the chamomile BB cream which was the first BB cream I used when cosmetics from Korea (massively) hit our shores.

I wish I'd taken pictures of the Dream EDT and the Ocean EDT when they were on the shelves years ago. 

But I didn't. 

Perhaps that's one good reason to start taking (more) pictures of the products that i see on shelves. 

Although I don't really want them to go away. 

Like these little soft toy babies that I see at Daiso. 

I tell you, I've fallen head over heels with them. 

They make one of the cutest, most adorable key chains ever, and I don't give a hoot if they're too kiddy to be carried out. 

They have the nicest expressions, the cutest smiles, and I can switch them around, hanging from any bag that I choose on that day to bring out. 

I already have several- ten, to be exact.

But I want a collection. 

I want more. 

Especially since I've made merchandise and characters a profession. 

One thing about these little toys is that they're not always on the shelves.

And if they are, they're not always in such abundance either. 

So when I saw these little babies hanging from the shelf in Daiso, I had to take a picture. 


But the budget wasn't there for them that day so I hope they'll still be there the next time I go to the same Daiso.

In the same way I hope to get a couple of these from the Bath and Body Works the next time that I'm there. 



Out of every other collection that they have in their stores, the Aromatherapy collection is probably the one that I favor the most. 

It's not that I don't like the Dream one (or is it A Million Dreams) or the Gingham one or any of their seasonal scents. 

I like a good number of them.

But their Aromatherapy collection is the one that speaks to me most of all.

Doesn't matter which- whether it be the Revitalizing (Orange/Ginger), the Stress Relief (Eucalyptus) or the Calming (Lavender all).

I love them all. 

See, there're times when I want something stimulating, there're times when I want something more destressing, and there're times when I just want to go sleep in a field of lavender and drift away. 

I'm in a an urban city, so, yeah, any form of help will do. 

The good thing is that this Aromatherapy collection looks like it's not going anywhere. 

So, I'm glad.