Monday 25 April 2022

iSteak

Someone introduced this place to me a couple of months ago. 

Similar style to Astons, the person said, but with more menu variety, and better sides. 

At first, as how I often am, I was a bit skeptical. 

AFter all there already are many Astons around the country. 

Plus there's still Collins. 

And I've not forgotten the old-school Ponderosa. 

So, what of a deal was this going to be? 

But my friend was right. 

ISteak did have greater variety, and they had much nicer sides. 

Perhaps the sides were what they started with when they began their menu plan. 

Because it is the sides that I actually like to come here for. 

How often is it that I can get Apple and Walnut Salad as a side?

And how often is it that I can get Sauteed Brussel Sprouts as a side? 

They've got the usual favorites of fries, sweet potato fries, coleslaw, and onion rings. They've also got macaroni and cheese as well as creamed corn.

But it makes a difference when you get to order something as unique as Creamed Spinach or Cauliflower and Cheese. 

I've not tried their fried sides. 

But I think I've had their macaroni and cheese before. 

Some of my favorite sides here these days are the creamed spinach, the cauliflower and cheese, the sauteed Brussel Sprouts, the grilled eggplant, and the apple walnut salad. 

The apple walnut salad is something I often go for- I like the fresh, cold lettuce, the juicy sliced apple, the tart of the dressing, and the nuts. 

They go exceptionally well with the grilled dory that I tend to order. 

The other side that goes well with the dory fish is the grilled eggplant. 

I cannot speak enough about this side dish. 

First of all, it's hard enough to find eggplant with steak, chicken, and fish.

What's more, they have it grilled to perfection, and offer it at such a lovely price. 

I've actually ordered the grilled eggplant as a main before. 

It's just so good. 

I love the crisp edges, the mushy center, and the slightly burnt taste. 

I think it's a side that goes with every main on the menu. 

I've come to ISteak a couple of times.

And my order's been mostly grilled dory fish. 

It isn't because I don't like the chicken, the pasta, the pork or the steak.

But it's because fish is known to be (cooling)





And I like the dill and herb sauce that they serve together with the fish.

It's not much, but it's got lots of cream, and very tasty too.