Sunday 18 February 2018

my Fish Soup

 
 
This is the Barramundi Fish soup, one of four selections that was on the seasonal offerings menu of Soup Spoon during the months of November and December.

I knew I wanted to have one of their seasonal offerings. These specially concocted soups make a great alternative to the usual pumpkin, mushroom and minestrone, and they do pretty creative ones here. Sometimes there are Japanese inspired soups with lots of miso. Sometimes there are South American inspired ones which have quinoa everywhere. One time there were these milk-based soups inspired by New Zealand and if I recall rightly, at another time there was samgyetang and a variation of army stew as well. 

The only question this winter season was which seasonal offering to take. Took me a while but eventually the choices boiled down to either the French Onion or the Barramundi Fish.

I chose the latter. :)

Because it was a cold, rainy day out and I thought I might desire a soup with a lovely base of veggies, a bit of other seafood, a smattering of crunchy bacon bits, and good, solid chunks of melty soft fish floating about inside.