Thursday 24 May 2018

Pizza! Pizza!


 
This has to be one of the most interesting, and best tasting pizzas I've ever had.

Now, in Singapore, good pizzas are not that hard to find.  

Some of the best I've had thus far include the recently-opened Pizza Express (which I'll write about another time) and long-time favorite Modestos.

But what makes this pizza here at Pasarbella so unique, I think, is the sea salt the chef uses in the preparation- and the generous amount that he puts in.

I've written about this before, but I can't help it.

I just gotta rave about it again.

See, if you ever were curious to know the difference between the flavorings of sea salt and ordinary table salt on your palate, or the benefits that come with sea salt, this pizza would be it.

It's salty, no doubt, and at first bite, it can feel so very salty that you'd be forgiven if you thought the pizza was a bad one that required ladles of salt to mask the lack of freshness.

But savor the food a little more, let your taste buds acclimatize to the (startling) strong flavors and you'll realize that the saltiness doesn't linger on your palate, that it disappears along with the food, and that it brings out the best of the crispy beef pieces, the fresh mushrooms, the black olives, and the sticky, gooey cheese.