Tuesday 22 May 2018

me and my Hair

Whenever someone offers me a compliment on my hair or tells me that the length is beautiful, I know who it is that I have to thank.
 
This is someone who has been designing my hair for six years now.
 
When I first met her, she was a hairstylist (or so the title went) at Lacoco salon in Orchard Central. Later she went on to another salon at Ngee Ann City. Then after that, she became a Hair Designer at a Korean salon in Plaza Singapura, and now she's both a Hair Designer and a Director at BedeBon- which coincidentally, occupies the very same space where the previous Korean salon used to be.
 

 
All of the hair stylists at this salon hail from Korea. What it means is that they're very attuned to hair trends from the K Entertainment scene, and if you ever wondered whether you could carry off the hairstyle of your favorite Korean artiste, or some other celebrity, or whatever hair trend that exists for the moment, here you can be reassured that they won't just 'do what you say' but will make the best recommendation for you.
 
I should know, because at one time I wanted to have bangs on my forehead- I thought it would make me look different- but she took one glance at my face, thought a quick while and shook her head. It wouldn't suit me, she said. not a good idea.
 
How she does it, I don't know, but for six years now, I've had my hair done in a way that gently frames my face  regardless whether I tie it up or leave it down. Maybe the magic lies in the locks of hair that fall by my cheeks, but whatever it be, it exudes my personality to a pretty good degree. I am not the kind to go about with my hair pulled firmly away from my face. And neither am I the kind to all go feminine with chignons and clips and ribbons and bobby pins, so this is very much me.  

She's someone I highly recommend to any of my friends who want a change in their look, who need a boost of confidence  in their life, who are making a new start, or who simply wish to just have a great hair style that complements the shape of their face and embraces their personality. 

Me, I know I'm going to be sticking with her for a long, long time.
 
After all, I never thought I'd have a hairstylist whom I'd want to stick to, much less have a Hair Designer from Korea whom I definitely trust my image with.

And it is not often where a lady with just her hair style alone, can feel girly, feminine, fun, hippie, messy and completely natural all at the same time.
 
 

I only wish that I could drop in more often instead of once every couple of months. Actually, I should, really, I should. :)