Tuesday 15 May 2018

biking for Prata


 
There're two routes I can take if I want to have this murtabak and The Tarik for dinner. I can either take the Changi Road route and then zip through Opera Estate- of which I will most likely get lost-, or I can go by Telok Kurau and East Coast Road towards Siglap. I prefer the latter. The route's easier, wider, more comfortable, more straightforward and I don't like making too many twists and turns to get to my dinner. 

What I simply do is to turn onto East Coast Road, trundle past all the cars stopping to buy durian and roast duck rice, keep going forward past Frankel Avenue and all the way until I reach Siglap Center. Then it is a left turn into Jln Tua Kong where the east side outlet of Springleaf Prata is somewhere inside.

It's a short ride, not too many cars, and the absolutely fantastic Prata plus well pulled Teh Tarik make the bike ride to and fro worthwhile.

But I do try to take the alternate route on the return trip sometimes- gotta work off the prata- which, honestly, I do find a little more complicated.

Let's see if I get it right.

I go to the end of Jln Tua Kong, turn into this little pedestrian park walkway that's really the back alley between two rows of terraced houses, turn out onto a park connector and then go all the way straight until a curving ramp upslope leads me to the spot opposite Decathlon. Here I push my bike- too lazy to climb the famous Chai Chee Hill- and then head back past the Kembangan stretch, the Kim San Coffee shop and one half of Geylang Serai.