Friday 23 March 2018

Bus Ride Sights: Orchard onward












 
this was a pretty long ride, and it was only midway during it that I remembered I had the camera with me. I suppose I could describe the route, but I think the pictures more or less hint for itself. 

There're major landmarks. ION, Kim Seng Road.. there's Tiong Bahru, of course, and then there's Bukit Merah, near Depot Road where the pictures more or less end. 

You know how they say that the Lens reflects the eyes of the photographer? For some reason, this didn't happen here. If it did, trust me, the pictures wouldn't have turned out as bright and cheerful as they do here.

Let's just say that the task awaiting me at the end of the journey was not one I was really looking forward to.  

But there are journeys as such in life.
 
Journeys where you really don't look forward to what lies ahead, journeys that you wish you had a happier reason to get to the destination, journeys that you wish you could retreat and back up and turn away and go in the reverse direction, journeys that you don't know what is actually driving you forward but you go ahead anyway, simply because you can't turn back anymore and there's nothing to do but to go forward and hope that with each step you'll have what you need and that it will lead to the outcome that you so desire.