Monday 11 May 2020

Strolling Sights: Serangoon









Dont' laugh now- but if you were to ask me which road it was I walked on which brought me the scenes as you see above- I'll have to tell you that I dont' know.
 
Yes, hard to believe, but I really don't know.
 
I simply went where my heart wanted to go and where my feet simply followed. I don't know what road it was, I don't know which road those blocks of flats are situated on, and neither do I know the name of the road that I eventually turned out to.
 
All I know is that the route began at a block somewhere behind NEX (where I'd originally planned to have a quick lunch but then the queues were so long and I didn't feel like having fast food so got a couple of fried bananas and dough sticks to take along) from a bench under a void deck on which I sat and ate up everything that I'd bought.
 
And because I didn't know that the stairs up the nearby slope didn't lead to any opening but a closed and locked school gate, I walked out to the main road (opposite some shops) and made a left. Down this entire road I went- pretty carefree, I should say- with no destination in mind, no goal to arrive at, and not even knowing what I'd see along the way.
 
As it turned out I found myself walking past two schools- Yangzheng (I think) and another whose name I've forgotten- past a road that had a sign marking it as an entrance to Braddell Hill Estate, and after that a condominium whose side entrance was shaded with lots of large trees and plants with large leaves.
 
On the opposite side was another condominium- less foilage at the main entrance, but oh what a large arch- some sort of huge canal beside it, and then there was Nanyang Junior College. I never knew that the school foyer was situated up a hill.
 
From there I made a left and then just kept on my way, walking along another canal that had this most charming bridge that reminded me of the kind you see at Toa Payoh Town Park.
 
The pavement ended somewhere in the middle of the road and so I had to make a cross to the opposite side, where I continued walking on until I reached the site of the Australian International School. First time ever that I saw it up close- most of  the time I only caught a glimpse of the school's other side when traveling on the expressway.
 
Now I saw that the school actually lies on its own curved road that cuts into the road that I was presently walking on, but because I didn't go to the end of that road which runs parallel to their school (even though I took a picture) all I managed to see was Gate 2, and perhaps Gate 3.
 
It was Braddell Road that I found myself right after, heading towards the junction that cuts perpendicular to the CTE and which, on the farther side, connects straight into the estate of Toa Payoh via the entrance marker of ComfortDelgro.  
 
I didn't walk much further after here. :)
 
I was tired, there was a bus stop not too far away from the traffic light where I stood, and going by the glow of the evening light, I thought it was time I started making my way home.