Saturday 30 May 2020

Le Shrimp Ramen @ T3




A friend introduced me to this shrimp noodle place at the Basement of Changi Airport's Terminal 3. 

It was my first visit there. 

As it turns out, it would also be my last time. 

The outlet is closed now. 

Not just temporary- as many other F&B business are during this season of lockdown- but permanently. They've given up this space at the basement completely. 

Good thing it is, then, that there are other outlets all around the island- there's one in Paragon- and when the time comes I'll head there for a bowl of their shrimp noodles again. 

I don't know if I'll take the regular bowl, the large bowl, or the superior one though. Depends on the appetite for the day, I suppose, but whether I be hungry or not, the superior bowl makes for a very good choice. 

Especially if you're someone (like me) who fancies having the best of both worlds. 

In each bowl there are two (or is it three) freshly prepared tiger prawns of gigantic size, there are solid-sized boiled dumplings with smaller prawns and vegetables wrapped snugly inside, and a portion of ramen so huge that any diner who came with a strong craving for ramen would be satisfied. 

The broth, of course, is wonderful, very different from the local version of "hei mee" prawn noodles that we are used to. Bright orange, almost vermilion in color, and thick in texture, all it took for me to change my perspective of it as (just another) glorified prawn mee was a single spoonful. 

Yes, it was prawn. 

Pure prawn. 

Very umami, very rich, very much the taste you'd get if you sucked at the prawn heads, very much filling you with impressions of the seas.