Thursday 7 May 2020

flowers of Changi's JEWEL








A friend brought me to this place at JEWEL.
 
"You don't know how it looks like? You haven't been here? Not once? Why? Come! They got free entry this month I think!"
 
Maybe I've exaggerated a little, but that was the essence of what she said.
 
And she wouldn't be wrong.
 
Because even though I've been to JEWEL a couple of times since it opened last year, and even though I hang out a while at the water vortex each time, I've never stayed long enough to watch the full light show, and neither have I gone up to the canopy. There just hasn't been the opportunity. There just hasn't been the time.
 
And so when my friend and I met at JEWEL this time, I gladly accepted the opportunity to head for the canopy above. We took the lift, made a quick enquiry at the counter, did the hand sanitizer thing, and went straight in.
 
Like a little greenhouse garden it is, filled with beautiful flowers, neat shrubs, cute life-sized decorative figurines and lots of carefully planted trees. Here and there children played amongst the flowers whilst adults did the photography thing and the selfie thing.
 
Us, we did the photography thing, first, with the  delicate cherry blossoms (because that was what we had planned to see) then with any and every flower that caught our eye.
 
Together we admired the colors of the canopy garden, stroked the petals of the flowers (me), and stretched ourselves out on the smooth (planted) grass of a little mist-bursting sloping green just to cast our eyes upon Changi's evening sky.