Friday 29 May 2020

the New Blogger 29 May 2020


The blog articles of April and May 2020 shall be said to be the most colorful of all articles in the six-year (it's been six years?!) history of shileejwel.blogspot.com. 

I didn't plan for it to be so. 

It just happened. 

One day I had a wee bit of problem trying to upload photos from the computer for a brand new post, the next there was a message saying that the blogger platform would be migrating from the current Legacy layout to a brand new one. 

In essence the message said, "New layout, new features, new this, new that, better for mobile, don't worry you're not losing your content (ahem MySpace), come click this button to try it and if you don't like it, don't worry, you can still switch back to the (old) layout. Some of you will see this new layout as your default starting end this month, but hey, don't get stunned, no worries, you can still switch back, it's fine. Take your time. But, umm, your blog will automatically be on this new layout by the end of July. No, you don't have a choice. We'll take your feedback- kindly leave us so- we love to engage- but yeah, you don't have a choice. You gotta move."

And so with it making no difference between now or July, welcome to the first article that's being banged out on the new layout, which, coincidentally (or not) works best on Chrome. 

So far, so good. 

Nothing's changed. 

My articles are all there. 

My pictures are all there. 

No issue with writing new articles, deleting drafts, adding new pictures to articles, or adjusting old articles whatsoever. Why, there's even a function for me to format the line spacing now.

Cool.

Just one thing: The font color of my articles used to be brown. They have been brown for six years. Five hundred over articles in the entire blog- all in brown. But in this new layout there is no more brown. There's purple, there's blue, there's green, there's red, there's orange and there's black. 

Just no brown.

And so because the OCD in me suddenly surfaced, I decided I was going to make my articles for April and May consistent with (this) first article that I'd decided would be written in green, so off I went to adjust the font color of all the articles in April and May. 

Let's just say it didn't turn out the way I expected it to. 

I don't know why.

Either I'd changed them too quickly and so didn't capture the new choice of color, or there was a glitch, or whatever, but it worked- just partial- and so, now I'm left with a good number of articles looking like a mixed palette of green decorated with random clumps of brown.