Thursday 20 July 2017

the Leaves... they're Gone :(

I'm sometimes at this place where I get the sight of trees and leaves out of the second-floor windows.

Whenever I'm there, I listen to the rustling of the leaves as they brush against each other. I admire the leaves. I listen to the rustling ferns. I watch the butterflies as they flit from one leaf to another whilst they make their way through the trees. I watch the branches sway to and fro whenever the winds blow, and when little yellow birds settle on the branches, I try to distinguish their song.

But I can't do that now. :(

I can't do that anymore. :'(

logs lying on the ground
They've cut the trees away.

They've dug up all these lovely trees from their roots and chopped their branches off and dismembered their trunks and uprooted them from their spots. They've destroyed the homes of the garden ants who crawl helter-skelter around and inside the property as they frantically look for a new home They've piled the beautiful trunks into piles and tossed the beautiful green leaves onto moving trucks and they've gone.

Leaving the once-landscaped space bare and dusty and dry and now I'm left with just pictures, and memories. :'(

three different species

cast shadows
 
 
clear little leaves
the chopped forest

getting stark and grey

farewell, rustling loves