Wednesday 5 July 2017

Bus Ride Sights

I'm starting this series that I shall term Bus Ride Sights. It's a simple piece of work that doesn't need much planning or calibration. All I need to do is the charge the camera. :) So what happens is that I get on the bus, whichever bus route I'm taking for the day, whip out the camera and snap pictures at strategic stops.
 
That's it. Very simple. :)
 
Why do it?
 
Because too often I get through a day without dwelling in the moments that make up the day, and because I like seeing the place that I'm in for itself and what it presents to me. Not through perspective, not through artistry, not through anything but just by the basis of living my life every day, day-by-day.
 
After all, we live in a city where one thing can be gazetted on one day and be torn down on another. We live in a city where spaces can go forgotten, significant spots can be removed and replaced, and where what we see today can be gone tomorrow.
 
Don't believe me?
 
Remember Stamford Library? Or Funan Shopping Mall? And for those who still remember... Adelphi Hotel? It wasn't that long ago that it was demolished, you know, the Adelphi Hotel.. only about the 70s-80s.
 
Okay, I'm waxing lyrical.
 
But really, I'm just bored on the bus, that's why, hence this project :)
 
Oh, and one more thing: Sorry to all the cars that landed in my lens' sight. I'm not LTA deliberately taking picture of your car plate number. I'm taking pictures of the scenery behind you and we all just happened to be stuck at the same place, same time.
 
Funan on left.. the Cold Storage staircase side
 
Central Clarke Quay. And SAFRA Downtown on left.

the Lone Taxi

One of the Furamas.

People's Park Center on right.