Saturday 8 July 2023

Favorite Foods..!

This has gotten a little difficult to write. 

Maybe because we haven't had the reals of these replicas for some time. 

And I sincerely wish we could have them so. 

Things change, I suppose, and as shocking, or startling they might be, there are some things that stay, and it is these that define a person, a personality, and make one unique from another.

It's interesting when one gets to discover new stuff about people whom you thought you well knew. 

Like I knew The Parent had a thing for luncheon meat, McDonalds fried chicken, instant noodles and McDonalds apple pie, but I had no idea chocolate chip biscuits, Lotus caramel biscuits or even Pocky were that well liked too.     

What surprised me most out of this entire collection was the Pocky. 

I'd thought The Parent's palate leaned towards the heavier, more serious stuff.

You know, like bak kut teh or ter kah (pig trotters) that kind?

It never occurred to me that eating stick after stick of a chocolate coated biscuit might appeal to a senior citizen his age too. 

But hey, life's always a surprise.

And who knows, palates might change too. 

Either that, or they've always been there.

We just happen to not know anything about it. 

It's like how I always knew The Parent liked fried chicken, but I never knew that the likes included apple pie.

That is, until Christmas season a few years ago when we walked half an hour from our estate to the next estate for the 24 hour McDonalds to have a very late night celebration supper there. 

I can still remember clearly which part of the outlet we sat, what we talked about, and what we ordered that night.

There were two value meals- one a Chicken McCrispy, one a Filet O Fish. 

Then we had two packets of fries, two cups of Coke, one serving of cup corn (another surprise), a strawberry sundae, and an apple pie.