Saturday 3 December 2022

Colors Daffy Saw to Changi V

You know, I'm genuinely surprised that it has taken me three times to try writing this blog. 

Either my mind isn't thinking, or something just isn't right. 

Because, to be honest, I'm really not trying to say anything bombastic other than attempting to show these couple of pictures I snapped with Chonkycam on a Saturday afternoon ride. 

There's a part of me that (in 2023) wants to be contemplative. 

Yet there's a part of me that says it isn't yet the right time. 

So, even as I dwell in the memory, let me just say that this bike ride brought me a whole lot of new sights I never expected, and never thought I would see. 

Like, is it possible that this stretch behind Changi Exhibition Center and Aerospace Park be this lovely shade of lilac-lavender hue?

For the record, I didn't filter the picture.

I only enhanced it- and not with Photoshop to boot. 

That's just how it is.

Isn't it amazing what real, unadulterated, timeless nature can bring to you?

It's not something you can run away from or even turn away. 

Because, how do you turn away from the sense of peace that she brings you? 

How do you move your feet away from the (momentary) sense of hope that she drops in you? 

It's not possible.

That being said, I might not have felt so much had I not seen the resemblance with some of the Youtube videos I had been watching. 

But I saw it.

And the feeling lingers still with me. 

There're other things about this ride that I would love to speak about.

Like how the water levels at Tanah Merah Canal after East Coast Park were so low I could see the sandy seabed of the canal exposed directly to the sky. 

Or how after having reached Changi Village Hawker Center we snagged a good seat and had a great meal of barbecued chicken wings, satay, and fried kuay teow.




But it is this beautiful, charming, mesmerising scenery that lingers with me, and I hope to always reminisce, and always remember.