Tuesday 30 August 2022

Daffy's Backpack

Heads up: If you ever see a female dressed in Uniqlo T-shirt, pink sweatpants and with a backpack like this riding an MTB, just know- it's me. :)

Yes, I tend to wear a bit of a uniform when I ride. 

It's not always the same, (privilege of being female) especially with the sweatpants, but the shirt tends to stay the same- the backpack too.

I've been riding around with a backpack of this design for a good number of years. 

There are two that I've had so far. 

The first one was a black one.

It accompanied me on many a bicycle ride. 

This one, however, not as many a ride as I wish it would.

Not the bag's fault- I just haven't been going on as many a ride as I ought to. 

One thing I like about this bag is the size. 

It's not very big, but it's just right. 

Sure, it looks like a kid's bag, but what shall I say, it's got a huge capacity, holds a good number of things, and is just what I need for the kiasee rider that is me when I go on half island rides. 

This bag has accompanied me on routes from Changi Village to Tampines to Sengkang and Hougang and East Coast Road. 

This bag has accompanied me on routes that run along the stretch of East Coast Park, Marina Bay Sands, Shenton Way, Keppel, West Coast Highway and Jalan Buroh. 

With the previous bag I'd gone to Lim Chu Kang, Sarimbun, Kranji, Mandai, Seletar, Woodlands Road and up to Tuas, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim and Jalan Boon Lay. 

Never mind if it feels auntyish, but I've actually stuffed a foldable parka, deodorant, tissue, wet wipes, a sanitary pad, a hair tie, a camera, sunglasses, sweets, biscuits and even a paperback (don't ask why) on many of these rides. 

The weight's distribution fantastic- I've never have to concern about it getting heavier and heavier on my shoulders.

And after having done a couple of rides in the rain, I can tell you it's semi waterproof too. 

It's not a perfect bag, of course. 

It has its shortcomings. 

But I'm not very particular about aesthetics, and so, how it looks doesn't affect me very much too.