Friday 12 April 2019

Casual Rides & Decathlon


 
I haven't gone biking for a while- not very much since the middle of this first quarter- when there were hints of new rules being implemented for road riders. The new rule didn't come as a surprise- and in fact it would have made no difference to many a rider- but it made a difference to me.
 
See, I'm one of those riders who rides on the road and eschews the wearing of helmets.
 
No, I don't have anything against safety riding and helmets- I've attempted them before- it's just that I find the helmet wobbly and distracting, and my personal argument is that if there's something that distracts me whilst I'm on the road, I avoid it.
 
But rules being rules, and since no one wants to get fined for nothing, I guess it shall have to be a trip to Decathlon for a simple helmet very soon. After all it has been some time since I last bought anything from there for the bike, other than the front pouch, my water bottles and a pair of clear protection glasses. I guess it is time to look at helmets but I'm looking at the polo ones though, you know, the kind horse riders use...
 
Because I do miss cycling very much, I haven't been to New Tiew Estate and Kranji in a long while, yet sometimes it doesn't have to have a long, round-island ride. A simple 45 minute one for the purpose of paying a visit to an elderly person would also do.