Wednesday 11 October 2017

Strolling Sights: Keppel Bay

For the first time in a long while, I felt like I needed to see some water. A pond, a lake, a reservoir, a body of water, something, anything... 
 
I don't know why.
 
Maybe it was because whilst trees and sky and wind are great but the sight of rippling waters and calm seas give me that sense of serenity and peace. Seeing it, I'm reminded that I'm not alone, never alone and I'm part of this big, beautiful world. :)

So I hopped across to what is the most accessible outlying island off the mainland.
 
Sentosa.
 
From Vivocity, where locals will remember a time when instead of a mall, there were all these huge warehouses that had book exhibitions during end year school holidays, and where to get across to Sentosa, we had to take a ferry ride to the Sentosa Ferry Terminal opposite and which has since been reclaimed on which Resorts World Sentosa stands. 

We don't do the ferries anymore. We can hop onto the lil train, or we can walk across.

Which I did (cos' free entry and I like RWS), going via the Boardwalk and its long, long travellator basking in the intense heat of the late afternoon and the glaring light of the soon-to-be-setting sun.
 
I soooo needed this!

Shimmery Light
 
 
And a bright, too bright Glare