Monday 23 October 2017

little Spaces of Green

Rare is it that after a meeting I find my mind free from intensive thoughts and clutter. There's usually all that post-meeting self-analysis going on right afterwards. Rarer still, however, is it when it happens in a place that lies close to nature, and so when the chance hits, well, there you go. :)
 
Pictures!!
 
I was at Dempsey that day. Up where the camp blocks are and where you've got to go round and round searching for the one particular block where the meeting was. :)
 
We walked down afterward, and glad I am that I got the camera with me that day. Otherwise there'd be no pictures of a church-chapel sitting pretty on top of one of the hills there and which, in the late afternoon sun, made me think of quaint-looking parsonages that dot the moors and meadows of the English countryside.
 
And made me wish that we too were blessed with a wee bit of the UK weather to balance out the heat and humidity of which I was positively melting under.

 
English Countryside, much?


And another day I was somewhere near Thomson Road.

I'm not here often.

In fact I hardly pass by here in the daytime at all.

Which made this opportunity to see some green a wonderful one not to pass up.
 
For this is a place where buses trundle up and down along the road to town and back up north. This is a place where MRT lines are criss-crossing so heavily that any space of green, however tiny, however in-between, however small, is very much welcome.
 
And what makes it even more mesmerizing is that all these trees, all this green just sat there so naturally at the food of the hill, just behind the bus stop, unaffected by urbanization, undestroyed by infrastructure, a presence of the past, a belonging in the future. 
 
A little Bit of Green

Canopy Chill and Cool