Thursday 12 October 2017

chip of the Sweet Potato

Air-flown!
Anything and everything to do with sweet potato, I like. Chock full of health benefits, got that beta carotene thingy, very happy color, hint of sweetness, I like. Makes the usual potato a wee bit more happening too. :)

So when I got this, a lovely, lovely, thoughtful gift from someone brought all the way from Taiwan, I was like... "Awwwww!!!!!" Because it is a huge, huge blessing when someone remembers that somewhere in your posts and your life you've said you lurrrve sweet potatoes.

Thank you, to you; receiving it means a great, great deal to me.

Also, extremely embarrassing, because we hadn't said anything about exchanging gifts and so I hadn't prepped anything that day other than getting very excited cos' hey, gals do what gals do.

I finished it in one sitting, by the way.

Opened the bag, brought out one piece, crunched on it. They're really crisp, yet somewhat light. And I did it over and over again all through the game of Monopoly that I was playing. Snacks really do make you think better and play better. :) 

The last time I played with my game partner, I sustained heavy losses. Broke, asset-less, house-less.

This time, with the aid of the crunch, the layer of taste over each chip, that powdery, powdery feel on the tongue, the hint of sweetness that combines natural sweetness, a very light touch of something tangy and bright, and the fact that I could chomp happily on pieces big, small and very small, I did better. Got a waterworks, an electric company, a couple of land parcels,  a house or two, collecting rent from the game partner, and could still mortgage a couple more land parcels for more land. :) :)

The wonders of what snacks, and favorite ones, can do for you.