Sunday 17 September 2017

Bus Ride Sights: Ang Mo Kio...?

It's a route that starts you from the heartlands of Central Singapore and leaves you somewhere in other heartlands that stand close to a river that, if you follow her banks, will lead you to the wide, open sea.

I didn't follow the banks of the river. I didn't come close to the wide, open sea either. Simply because I wasn't planning to go there.

Got up the bus from Ang Mo Kio interchange, turned out, turned right, down the road that juxtaposes apartments both mature and new ranging from fourteen floors to twenty-five, and then onto the road running parallel to Ang Mo Kio-Bishan Park where here the mature housing blocks look out directly to the scenic view of trees, grass, a cute little bridge, a cycling path, a little stream of sorts, and a family of otters that are said to be dwelling there.

We turned into Bishan directly afterward, going right past the ubiquitous mall right into the estate itself where I think we made a couple of rounds- I'm not sure, I was too busy yammering away to pay close attention, either that, or I was stoning- amongst the blocks, before making our way out on to Upper Serangoon Road. 

Which, I think, if I should say so, would be Braddell Road.

There isn't any other road that links Bishan-Toa Payoh to Upper Serangoon, is there...?

Anyway, once hitting Upper Serangoon, we went down all the way, past the upcoming full-sized estate of Bidadari that sits upon a former cemetery, and where the sight of construction cranes standing in near symmetry I thought quite charming, past Potong Pasir and part of Sennett, and finally, making the turn that leads straight to Bendeemer, Boon Keng, Jalan Besar and town.
 
by the overhead bridge


i love the shadows
 

it was a road going somewhere


flags for National Day
 

more flags for National Day


future homes in the Bidadari


some call this the longkang