Wednesday 19 June 2024

Bus Ride Sights: Along The Drain

Couple of months ago on the eve of Lunar New Year I decided to go on a very long bus ride.

First, I love long bus rides.

And second, I had time. 

It is a blessing that from the bus stop on the opposite side of Jalan Eunos not too far from Steppyhouse there are a couple of bus routes that can bring me to out-of-routine places on other parts of the island. 

Today I decided to take 966, which, by the way, second to 51 and 93, has to hold one of the longest routes this part of town. 

Beginning from Woodlands, it comes down southwards the entire way towards what we call the Eastern part of Singapore.

The journey, if I'm not wrong, starts by the bus first weaving through Woodlands before it gets onto the BKE. After that the bus enters the area we call Choa Chu Kang, going into Pending, Petir and Dairy Farm Road. After that, back onto the BKE it goes, after which it switches onto the PIE, stopping opposite Catholic JC, then onto Jln Toa Payoh and Jln Kolam Ayer. Back onto the PIE the bus goes after, before turning into Jln Eunos, Still Road and Marine Parade Road.  

Right after its 'final' stop at Parkway Parade, the bus makes a loop at the junction of Marine Parade Road and Haig Road before it finally turns back on the exact same return route where it had just come from. 

This afternoon my route had in fact been the return one.

And by right I should have had a whole bunch of pictures to show for it. 

But for some reason Chonkycam came out only after the bus had passed Jln Kolam Ayer and near Jln Toa Payoh.

Best part, sheets of rain had begun to fall, so these shots- along the canal drain of Jln Toa Payoh- are all I have, and maybe when there's another free day I might take a complete series all over again.