Friday 7 April 2023

Bus Ride Sights: Bugis to AMK

I had not planned on taking this bus. 

But somehow, in the bright of the afternoon light, I had mistaken 130 for 33 (don't ask me how) and instead of traveling down Victoria Street towards Old Airport Road, I found myself in the vicinity of Maude Road, Kitchener Road and Serangoon Road. 

There are no pictures from the bus here. 

Because all through the journey from Syed Alwi Road, Maude Road and Serangoon Road, I was busy googling for alternative routes that would take me home, yet not take up too much effort, or too much time. 

I gave up somewhere at the bus stop after Tessensohn Road and decided to just go with the flow. 

There was nothing for it. 

After all it looked like the bus was heading towards Central Singapore, far from my intended destination of Southeast.

From this bus stop next to the big (cricket) field, the bus went down towards Balestier Road. 

Again there're very few pictures that I took here- save, maybe for this bus stop right outside one of the newly renovated malls, this little street upon which the coffee shop housing Balestier Bak Kut Teh stands, and the corner junction of Mandalay Road. 



I wish I could remember what the yellow building is. 

It looks important.

Unfortunately I don't, and Google Maps doesn't seem to say.

There are no more pictures of the view outside my bus window after this. 

Which, now that I think about it, is quite a pity, because the bus actually went through one of the most interesting (and seldom mentioned) housing estates this part of the country. 

Maybe one day when I get enough heart, and time, I'll take the same bus to that particular housing estate again. 

I'll be really interested to know why it's called Sector A, and I'll want to grab a few shots before the lights go down. 

Until then, well, there're other pictures of Ang Mo Kio Central where the bus reached its end destination,  and I'm pretty sure nearly all Singaporeans appreciate the sight of a 25-storey point block seen from the ground, and the sight of an above ground MRT station seen from across the road.