Monday 27 January 2020

More of Nakhon Kitchen




So the last time I wrote about Nakhon Kitchen was of the food I had at the Vivocity outlet.

These here are from the Tampines outlet that I ate at on one of the evenings when I happened to be there.

It is a popular outlet, this particular one, with long queues forming as soon as the dinner hour comes, and no wonder too, because their dishes are tasty, affordable, and pretty delish as far as the Thai street food goes.

Steamed fish (and its varieties) seems to be a favorite amongst diners here- it is not uncommon to see each table have one- and they do it really well- but me being me, I like my own more.

Green curry is a dish I tend to order at most Thai places I go, so yes, that's usually on the table here. Different places prepare it differently however, so whilst some might make it more soupy, here Nakhon Kitchen makes it like a thick broth that hints of more sweet than savory.

Fish maw soup and egg omelet are another two of my frequent orders here. The egg omelet, whilst not (as) unusual as some might see it, does have fairly large prawns tucked within the fluffy omelet prepared double-side style, and the fish maw soup is, well, thick, filled with cute little pieces of fish maw swimming everywhere, is comforting to the palate, and warms up the soul at the beginning of a nice, quiet night.