Sunday 27 August 2017

cute swimmers @ SEA KL

There we were, four boys of the Singapore swim team, on the winners' stand, receiving their Gold medals from the officials for their victory in the 4x100m Relay.
 
But though I was supposed to be looking at them, I wasn't really looking at them.
 
Instead I was getting distracted by the presence of the other two teams.
 
The Vietnamese team, who won the Silver, and the Malaysian team, who won the Bronze.
 
Okay, I was actually more distracted by the Vietnamese than the Malaysians. Not because the Malaysians were any less good-looking than the Viets, but it was the Viets who took me by surprise.
 
I didn't think Vietnamese could be this cute.
 
It wasn't the make-up. They weren't wearing any. It wasn't the clothes. They were all clad in fitted but comfortably sized track jackets, track pants and shoes. There was no camera-defining makeup or sharp-suited outfits or statement accessories to make them look better than what they already were... like what Entertainment does.
 
And yet, they had the looks. Looks well enough for maybe (I hinge a guess) a talent spotter to say that maybe, just maybe, with some makeup and training, fitness modeling could be on the cards. 
 
So, if it isn't one or the other, then I'd say that it could have been their Hair. Which, the more I think about it, I might be just right. And if I'm right, it means that along with the coaches and the rest of the team, Vietnam brought the National Hair Designer along too. A Hair Designer whom cut and maintained their hairstyles before going out to the Camera and showing their (Silver) victory to the rest of the region, and perhaps the rest of the world.
 
Which, after Rio 2016, is no longer so jaw-dropping anymore. And which might, after a few more of such regional and international sporting events, became de facto.

I hope so.

And if that is so, I sincerely, sincerely hope that we jump on this bandwagon fast enough too.

Because, like I said, the Viets were distractingly cute. Cute enough to make me pay less attention to our own boys in their tracksuits and horror of horrors, even the National Anthem.

And if that were something I noticed, I'm absolutely, absolutely sure, that would be something others noticed too. :)