Tuesday 12 July 2016

i like my Fonts too much, SO THERE

It's possible to become obsessed with fonts. And when I mean obsessed, I mean seriously obsessed.

I'm the sort that can spend an entire day downloading and amending and changing and alternating fonts until I get the 'feel' right. I'm the sort that will keep doing it until I can live with it and stare at it and feel comfortable and at ease working with it. After all, if I'm the one who is going to be staring at it and think about it and bang on the keyboard, shouldn't I have the right to do just that?

The funny thing is....

I didn't even know I could change fonts until 10 years of personal computer usage had gone by. It had always been Times New Roman all the way until one day I changed it to Arial. Then I decided on Georgia and I stuck with it for awhile until I decided that Garamond looked nicer and off to Garamond I went. Then I changed the gear and because I changed the gear, it seemed that Segoe UI looked nicer so I went along with that.. after which I headed to Lucida Grande and Lucida Sans and right now I'm in the Kristen ITC phase.

Yeah, I know that it's a kiddy, babyish font. I know that it reflects me in a certain way, and that  technically, it can only be used for children below a certain age, but truth is, I don't care. Firstly, I'm in the Media & Entertainment business where my work and my visuals can move from toddlers to geriatric. I'm in a line where I can be serious whilst expressing it otherwise. More importantly, I'm the one looking at it on my screen, and if I'm happy seeing it appear as my fingers over the keyboard whilst getting work done, why not?

It's not as if I'm using it for official documentation or legal representation or submissions or whatever that's official. I change it back to Arial or Times New Roman for that.

Hey, as personalities and quirks go, common sense still prevails! :)