Tuesday 8 March 2016

got THE gear

Hey, guess what???

I've finally got my gear! :)

It's a piece of gear that I've waited one and half years for and I'm happily using it now. I'm so happy I'm finally able to work at remote locations and sort out words and do all sorts of stuff with it.

So far, let's see, I've placed three songs, I've typed up a script, I've gone on Facebook, I've blogged, I've finished a couple of emails, I've changed the cleartype text a gazillion times, swopping between Lucida Sans and Lucida Bright and Georgia and Arial and everything else in between and I've adjusted the custom scaling as many times as well.

Most users don't do that, I know. They just get down to the grind and start using it, and admittedly, the repeat procedure of logging out and logging in does get very tedious sometimes, but I'm one of those users who is very particular about how it looks like. If it looks too stringy, if it looks too spidery, if it looks too small, if my words don't flow out smoothly as they appear on-screen beautifully, then that means there's still adjustments I want to be done.

I'm the sort that will keep doing it until I think it looks right.

It is complete madness and eccentricity and all... but that's me. :) I'm getting used to Windows 10 too. It's a very different approach from 2000 and Vista, I think. It's an OS that runs on apps that somehow seem rather heavy for the memory space of this gear but I'll just get used to transferring stuff in and out and out and in like how the tech people always do.

More than anything, it's a joy to be able to type easily once again. Between the mobile and the keyboard, I'm choosing the keyboard anytime. It's the feeling that one gets when your fingers fly over the keyboard. There's a certain click-click-clack one hears when one types on the keyboard and though it's hard to explain, there is a distinctive feel one gets when the keys underneath your fingers.

And by the way, after all the changing and font swopping, I'm glad to say that I've finally settled on one- a very kiddy one. :D