I wasn't planning to write this at first.
But then I took a look at the pictures, and decided I would write something, even if just a little bit anyway.
Tonight's dinner saw us make an order of Fluffy Egg Omelet, and a plate of Tom Yum Fried Rice.
If you think the dishes above look very orangey, well, that is because they really are.
Korat Thai Cafe is one of several Thai cuisine places here at Orchard Towers.
Whether or not it is the most popular, I don't know- others also seem to have their own share of fans. But this one here is supported by a radio DJ duo and from the looks of it, has her own familiar diners, her own familiar crowd, and is incredibly viral with the youth crowd.
It doesn't even matter that the restaurant sits on one of the upper floors of Orchard Towers that you access via two, or three single step escalators before walking past a lift lobby and turning a corner.
It also doesn't matter that the Orchard Towers of today is much quieter than what it used to be.
The crowd is still there.
It was a good thing that we didn't have to wait too long for a table this particular evening.
I was hungry.
It was also a good thing that the food was exceptionally good.
I loved the egg omelet, I tell you.
You might say that it is not a difficult dish to make; that there are egg omelets in nearly every Thai restaurant around the country, but this one was not only large, it also had one of the most savory and balanced tastes in Thai style egg omelets that I have ever had, and best part, it had all those nice crispy bits that made this omelet one of the best ever.
There are places whose omelets come out very, very oily.
There are places whose omelets come out flat and soggy.
Not at Korat Thai here.
The top was crisp, the inside was soft and the flavors held the perfect balance of seasoning that bordered the dish between salty and savory.
Writing about it now on a Friday evening makes me wish I could have the omelet for supper.
Likewise, too, I wish I could have the Tom Yum Fried Rice, which, let me just say, was just as delicious, just as good.
I had been a little surprised when my friend told me he'd ordered Tom Yum Fried Rice.
It is not a dish he usually orders.
But then he said he liked how it looked on the menu- and when it arrived at our table, I had to agree.
The texture of the rice was what I liked most of all.
Fried Rice, even the Thai style, is often a 50-50 in terms of texture and taste.
Some plates of rice come served too dry.
Other plates of rice come served too oily.
You never quite know which it is you are going to get.
More often than not I have been served an overly dry plate of rice that, whilst it has some taste, lacks the distinctive roundness and smoothness that a good plate of fried rice should have.
Very seldom is it that I get to have a plate of rice this delicious where nearly every grain is wrapped in just the right amount of smoothness, and flavor.
The tom yum too wasn't as spicy as I thought it might have been.
Perhaps Korat Thai Cafe has modulated its flavors for the mild-mannered, unadventurous Singaporean palate.
I'd like to try the Pineapple Fried Rice when I come here next time.
I like pineapple.
Or maybe the Pad Thai.
Pad Thai is one of my favorite street food dishes when it comes to Thai cuisine, and I see no reason why I should not try it here at a place that has been authentic enough for the staff of the Thai discos when the discos were still housed here.
Perhaps the strongest feeling I get when I come here is the atmosphere.
There is a coziness about it.
One that I find familiar, like the eatery down in the basement of a shopping center near Ploenchit BTS station, or a casual, homely, family-owned cafe in the center of one of the Sois on Sukhumvit Road.

