Saturday 13 April 2024

Bangkok: A Central Embassy Lunch

Often it is that on the day we fly off we don't get to do much. 

It's a pity- I wish I had the zest and the energy to do more- but for some reason which I myself cannot comprehend why- I don't seem to be able to- and in past couple of times I find myself slowing down and stepping back and doing as minimal as I can before I head to the airport and back home. 

Maybe another time I'll be a bit more daring and squeeze my time to the max.

But not yet.

And not this time, where, after a Grabbed in breakfast (of which I have no pictures), we headed back out to TOPS Chidlom through Nai Lert Heritage Home Park. 

This is a park I will not soon forget.

Not lest for its beautifully manicured green grounds, but really, for the fact that it is open to the public, offering us her quiet serenity, her calming presence in an otherwise busy, bustling, raw, noisy city. 

We got what we wanted to get- protein shakes mostly- and then it was back to the room to pack and store our luggage. 

But with it being too early to go to the airport, off it was to Central Embassy for a quick lunch. At first I had hoped to eat at the airport, but there not being much in terms of food choices in the main hall- just a Dean & Deluca which sandwiches, although good, my companion was reluctant to have. 

So it was at a casual cafe on one of their upper floors that we found ourselves in.

Now, I don't remember the name of the cafe. 

Neither do I remember the name of the bookshop where it was in.

But i know there was a gigantic teddy bear at one side of the bookshop, I know there were a couple of casual cafes and coffee houses surrounding the bookshop, and then there was this neat, zen-like Japanese cafe here where the food was, shall I say, really good. 

Perhaps this might sound frivolous, childish even, but I had a bit of crave for udon with mentaiko sauce, and so I ordered that, together with an onsen egg and ikura that came in this cute little bowl.