Sunday 17 September 2023

Easter Eggs @ HH

I should have written this article a couple of months ago.

But there were many... things happening during the Easter season of 2023 and I didn't have spirit, energy nor time to write about the celebration with The Parent back then.

(I still don't have the spirit now, but I'm now slightly better, and I hope things will only get better and better thereafter)

The celebration this year was a little different from what ours were in years prior. 

Not that it wasn't enjoyable nor fun, but we decided to cut out most of the decor, and just stick to what was essential. 

Easter to me is not only about the bunnies and the eggs but it is also about the Hope that exists in the Spirit, which grants me hope in my spirit- day by day, hour by hour. 

I don't usually talk about faith and belief and spirituality, but shall I just say that since the beginning of this year I have faithfully begun my day placing my hope in the Hope that exists in the Spirit, and had it not been for the Spirit's faithfulness and love, I (very likely) would not have come this far. 

Maybe I would not even be writing here. 

Yes, that's how it has been for me. 

But here I am, in the month of September, finally being able to have a bit more spirit, pluck and energy to keep this event in the month of April/May moving. 

It would've been lovely had we had the little flower decor out on the table, but for some reason it wasn't there, and I didn't think it necessary to ask further either. 

What mattered more was that there was a routine, a regularity, a presence with whatever it was we had. 

On the table was lunch, a dish of economical rice with brinjals, pumpkins, and hard boiled eggs bought from a coffee shop elsewhere. 



Accompanying our lunch were cups of coffee. 

For dessert we had a little chocolate brownie that I'd bought several months ago and which we decided we'd only eat now. 

We quite fancied the brownie. 

At first I feared it might be hard, but to my delight, it turned out to be rather moist, slightly chewy, and best of all, rich with chocolatey taste on the palate. 

A couple of chores awaited us after that, and then it was time for an early dinner. 

It didn't matter that I wasn't that hungry. 

More important it was to have our meal slow and steady, so out came the box of dinner from the fridge where we transferred the food into the tiffin carrier  before dropping the whole thing into the rice cooker.


There were vegetables- stewed cabbage, more pumpkins, some of those black fungus thingies, hard boiled eggs, then a serving of self-added luncheon meat that created a bit of additional flavor to the entire meal. 

The Parent took an especial liking to the stewed cabbage and the luncheon meat. 

I preferred the black fungus and the hard boiled eggs. 

Those specially-stewed/brewed eggs went surprisingly well with rice. 

It was a nice time having our dinner together with cups of hot coffee. 



And what closed it well, of course, was a dessert snack of Christmas tree-shaped shortbread cookies that I'd given as a present for Christmas last year but planned to only have it now. 

Still, that wasn't all. 

We had chocolate candies- pastel colored M&Ms and candy-coated mini eggs from Cadbury- which I'd purchased for the occasion, and which, I'm glad to say, we both shared, and we found it suited for a celebration of The Resurrection rather well.