Tuesday 6 June 2023

Bath & Body Works

Looking at this collection here in Orchard's ION, I can't help thinking of US, of LA, and of the shopping mall in LA that I first saw Bath & Body Works in. 

It's been a long time, but I remember that store well.

Back then their ambience was cozier, slightly more homely, not so bright perhaps, as compared to now, but very little has changed, I do say, and the memory of this brand- or where I first experienced it- sticks with me still no matter how long ago those memories have been. 

It's like I cannot think of LA without thinking of the brand. 

Neither can I hear of Wells Fargo bank without thinking of the brand, for the very simple reason that the store in that particular shopping mall was right next to the bank's ATM. 

I guess I've always felt some sort of affinity with Bath & Body Works, and White Barn, never mind that their collections are seasonal, and change from time to time.

I like their (now discontinued) Moonlight Path. 

I like their Million Dreams (something like that)

But I like their Aromatherapy collection most of all, be it the Lavender-Vanilla range, the Lavender-Chamomile range, the Ginger-Orange range, or even the Eucalyptus range. 

Doesn't matter if they've added a couple more scents to their Aromatherapy line, like the Lavender-Rose, the Lavender Patchouli, the spicier, manlier collection of Sandalwood-Cinnamon, or the hippier version of Vanilla-Patchouli.

I like sticking with the same. 

Yes, maybe I'll find the patchouli more fascinating. 

Or I might actually need the Eucalyptus more than the Lavender. 

But through the decade, it has been the Lavender-Vanilla that stays with me, the body wash, the body lotion, the pillow mist, essential oil, all, and I'll continue to use it, as oft as I can, as much as I can. 

I kind of wish they would concoct a fragrance though. 

There're so little lavender-scented fragrances out there!