Wednesday 8 March 2023

Springleaf Soup!

Springleaf's Murtabak, and Murtaburger, are two favorites that I often have whenever I'm at their outlets either in Sembawang, or in Jln Tua Kong somewhere along Siglap Road. 

Once in a while, however, I go for something like their soup kambing- which, if you ask me- is fairly unusual an offering for the dishes that they regularly serve. 

It isn't bad, though. 

On the contrary, it's thick, tasty, and comes with a serving of bread.

I like the fact that it isn't very spicy, nor does it seem to have any herbs which 'heat' up the body otherwise. 

Maybe it has turmeric, and cayenne, or one of those bright, red-colored  spice powders so dominant in Indian cuisine, but I don't know what they are, my tongue won't distinguish them, and all I know is that the soup makes for a very comforting meal for those days when you want some soup but don't want those clear, overly light ones.

I liked how the flavors of the soup rolled around my tongue.

I also liked that little bit of texture (meat? chickpea? vegetable?) that came along with each mouthful. 

Perhaps someone familiar with their soup kambing can tell me what that texture-bit thing is. 

It reminds me of mashed chickpeas, actually... 

Of course, it wasn't here for the soup that I came here for. 

There was the Murtaburger too.


It needs no introduction, I should think.

This offering has been around for a long time, and is probably one of their most popular dishes on their menu.

No surprise it should be too, what with it being a huge prata enveloping two mutton patties, egg, chili sauce, mayonnaise, black pepper sauce, and lots and lots of (melted) mozzarella cheese.

The chewiness of the prata catches my fancy. 

As do the warm, wholesome-tasting minced mutton, the gooey cheese, the smooth-textured mayonnaise, and the sweet chili sauce that seems to embrace everything.