Sunday 26 February 2023

Nikon's Colors of Crowne

A couple of months ago I found myself at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. 

And because I happened to not only have Chonkycam with me but also Nikon Pink, I thought it a good idea to grab a few shots of the place there.

I didn't have to take everything, I realized, and so snapped pictures of just the lobby, and the swimming pool. 

There was just one problem.

I didn't have much of a story, and so wasn't sure what it was I wanted to take. 

But hey, a lobby's a lobby. 

So, yeah, I got these.




They aren't very dramatic, nor very fanciful, these pictures.

But they are what they are. 

And they're just what the lobby of Crowne Plaza is like. 

Subtle, quiet, and business-like with pops of color here and there.

This is not a place of ornate, carved furniture near the check in counters, nor of gold-colored carpeting for Christian Louboutins and Jimmy Choos to step on.

It is, however, a place where cute little horseshoe-shaped seats are right in front of the counters large enough for you to put a carry on bag, and comfortable enough for you to sink in, curl up or lounge down, depending what you want. 

It's not a small sun-lit type of lobby, by the way. 

Behind the escalators are the function rooms and the ballrooms stretching all the way to the end, and on the other side, the drinks area, with both indoors and alfresco, where inside there're seats in the form of wide sofas and power sockets right next to the sofas themselves, and outside, huge high-backed cushioned chairs made out of rattan.

I didn't spend a lot of time at the lobby this time round. 

Instead I headed for the pool. 



It's an ordinary-looking pool, I would say, but a very pretty one. 

It's a place where you can sit out and look up at the sky. 

It's also a place where you can have a quiet conversation face to face, or with someone over the phone.

I should know.

Because that's what I did. 

Two nights in a row I sat on this chair looking up at the rooms with their lights on, and to the iconic Control Tower hidden all the carefully landscaped tall palm trees, speaking to someone (whom I now no longer wish to speak to) for an hour, over the phone.