Tuesday 6 September 2022

Wild Honey 2022

The decision to have Wild Honey on this particular weekend was quite an impromptu one. 

I don't know what it is that made us walk into Scotts Square off Orchard Road and head straight to their outlet upstairs. 



Perhaps one of us had a craving for good, crispy rosti.

And the other didn't mind a plate of nice, creamy scrambled eggs.

The Gallic all-day breakfast has been one of my favorites whenever I come to Wild Honey. 


It isn't that the others don't appeal to me. 

I just haven't ordered them (yet).

I'd probably be more enthusiastic for a Corsican-style omelet with goat cheese, feta cheese, chestnuts, basil and lavender honey if I ate here more often. 

Likewise I'd be more eager for Canadian-style buttermilk pancakes, candied bacon, hibiscus-berry compote and maple syrup if I were here in the mornings, or the evenings. 

It's a bit peculiar, but I'm the sort who prefers her pancakes either for breakfast or for dessert. 

And (if possible) I like my waffles only in the evenings at close of day, not anytime else. 

Maybe because they are (to me) a fun food, so despite its sunny Caribbean vibes, I find it a little hard to have coconut waffles with toasted coconut flakes, sliced mango, baby bananas and passion fruit creme patisserie in the light of an afternoon sun.

I must say that the New England, Norwegian and I Love NY offerings were quite appealing though. 

Crab cakes with corn, red pepper on top of poached eggs over brioche toasts are always a draw, as are Norwegian smoked salmon and grilled asparagus spears. 

I think I might try the NY one next time. 

It's got everything I like- cold smoked salmon, hot smoked salmon, sesame bagel and the scrambled eggs.

Today, however, we stuck to the Gallic, which, honestly, was more than enough for me. 

I didn't think one could be filled up with what is (technically) eggs and bread, but that's where the charm of good food lies. 

You feel satisfied without planning to be satisfied. 

I loved the scrambled eggs.

I loved how smooth and silky they were. 

There was hardly a need to chew.

All the chew went straight towards the brioche, which, by the way, was pleasantly toasted with a crisp surface and a warm, fluffy bite. 



We had the brioche with butter. 

We also had the brioche with the eggs.

But I liked it with butter better.

Tasting the smoothness of the butter as it melted into the bread was the best. 

I had the same feels towards the rosti too. 


Perhaps you might be wondering why we ordered this rosti. 

Its' not like it's (only) exclusive to Wild Honey.

But cravings- for a crisply-fried shredded potato pancake without too much oil- have to be satisfied, and I can't say no to dollops of nice sour cream.