Saturday 27 July 2019

Selfie Shots



 
These pictures I took either last month, or the month before.
 
I don't remember- keeping track of my selfies is not something I usually do. Mine tend to be snapped at random moments, and at times when I feel like I need to. 
 
Those who know me will know that I tend to take selfies on days where I don't feel well, am tired, or don't feel pretty. To me, it isn't that huge an effort to doll up a little and capture the look, if only for a reminder that this mood will pass and I still can look beautiful and pretty regardless how I'm actually feeling.
 
There were many moments where there was a need in the last couple of months, but I just didn't feel like doing it... not until quite recently, and so, besides the middle picture of me in a camo tee and sunglasses, the other two were taken only a couple of weeks ago.
 
One picture has me completely barefaced with no trace of BB cream or concealer or even lip balm, and it is an anomaly, because although I usually will put something before I take the picture, for this one, I wanted to know how I actually looked like at that precise moment- I hadn't been looking at a mirror very much at that time. Suffice it to say that I'm glad I didn't look as sallow as I'd imagined myself to be!
 
Then the other picture was taken at the library. Yes, you don't see my face, nope, not at all, but that's the entire point of it. This selfie was to capture the sweatshirt, because it was one of those days that I was in a hoodie sweatshirt, and I knew I just had to take a selfie, for the simple reason that I don't get to wear this particular sweatshirt often. I want to- I dearly want to- but what with all the meetings etc etc that I have to go for... and with the humidity, it is a rare day that the shirt steps out the door- and so, selfie!
 
What's funny though is how my hair looks.
 
Somehow the lights in the library made the locks of my hair look as if they had highlights, when in fact, I've not done anything to it, no highlights, no colors, no nothing at all, and it is jet black the way it is naturally meant to be.