Tuesday 9 August 2016

Archery in the Sun

He wore a blue hat- this tanned looking competitor from Chinese Taipei- the very first representative I'd seen from Taiwan thus far in Rio. He was there competing with the representative from Thailand who wore a very cool pair of sunglasses that I thought looked like Oakleys. The winds were high, the commentator said, which I've no idea what it actually means but perhaps would mean something like them needing to correct their angles.

It's all guesswork for me.

The only time I ever touched a full sized bow and arrow was at a holiday resort long, long time ago and which produced results too embarrassing to be mentioned.

The competitors wore hats too. I had a glimpse of it on the TV highlights this morning where the all-female team from Chinese Taipei with white hats on their heads and bows in their hands.

There was also the all-female team from South Korea, whom, post-competition, in a close-up interview broadcasted to millions around the world, demonstrated the 'look' that has become synonymous with the Hallyu movement... namely, CC creams, BB creams, Magic Cushions, water-based Cushions and lip graduation tints. :)