Tuesday 14 October 2014

an Omega-3 Lunch

s.a.l.m.o.n.s.a.s.h.i.m.i

This was lunch one time when we were at the Central Business District area, or to put it more specifically, that area where all the gleaming glass buildings stand and their addresses all begin with ONE. ONE xxx, ONE xxx, ONE xxx. Apparently, nobody can be number two here.

Initially I planned on having soup but then I figured that wouldn't be filling. then I thought of having noodles but decided I'd save that for another day and then I saw there were snacks which were like, absolutely appealing, but half hour in I'd be hungry already...

So whilst flip-flopping around, we chanced upon this lunch express outlet which looked pretty empty but on the takeaway shelf there was this one single bowl. Five slices of chilled thinly-cut fresh salmon sashimi and sweet tamago and Japanese cucumber over a bed of rice.

It was the Last Bowl. And it Looked Just Right.

We bought it.

For someone who needed the lipid-lowering properties of salmon, and the Omega-3 that we desired.