There is a part of me that just wants to dump all these pictures here and not write anything about them at all.
But then there is another part of me that feels something when I look at these pictures, which, I have to say, came out surprisingly more breathtaking than I expected them to be.
It had been a long time since I saw a sky this blue, a space this open, and the waters this blue.
Hindsight tells me it was a bit of a pity that I had only managed to come here on this day, eight (long) months after being at a place only less than a 20 minute stroll away.
But such is life.
You think you'll be able to come to the beach and the sea more often because it's so near.
You don't.
You think you'll finally be able to ride your bike to Changi Village and Changi Airport and maybe Gardens by the Bay because the East Coast Park PCN is a 5 minute bike ride across the road.
The bikes get sold 3 months in, and you don't buy new bikes at all.
But this was a day when I decided I wanted to at do something I had always intended to do.
So we'd first gone to the hawker center near Marine Terrace for lunch and then afterwards decided that we might take a long walk down.
Originally I had thought we would walk back home via the road, but my friend decided we should go via the beach, so across the expressway on the footpath we went, and came straight to the East Coast Park Lagoon Hawker Center.
We ate there a bit, then walked by the beach back home.
It was one of those perfect beach days.
Warm shining sun, clear blue skies, strong cool breeze blowing in from the sea- just the kind of day you would want to have when taking a stroll along the park by the seashore.
At another time I might have planned to take pictures.
Which I did.
They are still on Chonkycam.
But the most surprising thing about these pictures was that I had not expected them to turn out this beautiful.
From where I had stood I had not seen just how blue the sea was.
I had not been able to see how the aquamarine of the sea cut neatly into the dark blue of the same sea out there on the horizon.
I had also not known how expressive the shadow of the park's trees looked cast over the bright yellow sandy shore.
Not only were the waters in the distance two distinct colors of aquamarine and blue, same they were too closer to shore.
My phone captured in her memory the swell of the bluish aquamarine waves gently crashing onto the shore.
And in another picture, there was the calming white foam on the sandy shoreline as the wave swelled her way in.
Seeing these pictures now, I am so thankful that I had come here that day.
When the next time will be, I don't know.
Will I still be 20mins away?
Will I be further away from this side of the coast?
I don't know.
But this moment has mattered- that's all there is to it. It makes me thankful. It makes me glad.
It was something I had always wanted to do.
And it was something I had always to do together- for a very long time.






