Monday 1 November 2021

Little Toys

In recent months I've found myself really, really, really appreciating these little stuffed toys on a keychain. 

My love for them actually goes back a little longer, about two, three years? 

The first toy I got from this collection was a hippopotamus. 

Back then I'd borrowed a masculine-looking slim briefcase intended for business meetings, which I however wanted to personify. 

And because of what I do, I decided that instead of a spunky, kitschy, candy-colored keychain, I'd put a chonky stuffed toy- with the cutest face- instead.

Somehow that one pale blue hippopotamus grew to a collection of three lions, two grey bears and the latest addition of two adorable looking hedgehogs today. 

They have strategic locations amongst the belongings in my life. 


Two lions hang from my bags- one in front of a blue crossbody which I (sort of) took over and which I also carry around to business meetings- and one at the front pocket of a teal colored backpack that I got from MUJI.

I tuck this little lion into the side pocket from time to time. :)

On the wall above my head hang another lion and one of two little grey bears. They share a single hook, and I see them every time I turn on the lights or look up from the desk. 

The only stuffed toy which I haven't hung anywhere is the hedgehog.

At the moment it doesn't really matter- this chonky little fella I like to place in whichever bag it is I carry for the day. 

Some days it's a backpack.

Some days it's a tote bag. 

Some days it's a crossbody. 

The bag varies.

What doesn't vary is the way they make me smile every time I catch sight of them swaying cutely from the zipper, the adorbs look they have on their face when my bag is on my lap and they're facing outwards, the way they fit so snugly in the palm of my grasped hand, and the wide-eyed blur look some of them have when I fiddle with their little limbs and paws and hands. 

Having these little fellas around remind me how charming life can actually be. 

It makes me think of the other, larger stuffed toys I have back at home. 

And it makes me think of my loved ones whom I have gifted some of these chubby, animated, furry keychains to. 

(Yeah, they're obligatorily stuck with theirs)