Thursday 18 June 2020

fast food in CB






So McDonalds dine-in opens today. 

I'm excited. 

Not that I'm going to dash down and have a meal right away, but hey, at least it is open, at least there's an opportunity to have a sit-in meal inside, and at least I know I'm probably to have a bit more of happy junk foods than I did during the two months of circuit breaker. 

It's a little hard to believe, but (looking back at the pictures now) I've realize that the total number of times I had fast food during the last two months came to a grand total of three. 

Yes, just three

I know it is, because I made it a point to take a picture every time I had a fast food meal, and these you see above are all that I have.

One time of McDonalds. 

Two times of Burger King. 

That's it.

Wow.

That's not a lot. 

That's not a lot at all. 

I thought there would have been more. 

I mean, considering the circumstances that we were in- having to be indoors all day, having to adjust to working from home, having to have nowhere but the supermarket to go- I'm genuinely surprised that there wasn't more.

Lockdown is a situation where you don't need reasons to want a McSpicy Extra Value Meal Upsize for lunch, and a Double Cheeseburger Extra Value Meal for dinner (accompanied with a dessert of apple pie).

Lockdown is a situation where you don't need to give yourself a million and one reasons why you should not be ordering a bucket of fried chicken- that you know can last you through lunch, dinner and supper.

And lockdown is a situation where you don't need to be embarrassed by your craving for Burger King's Hershey's chocolate pies, or the fact that you went on Grab and ordered  ten, especially when you know you can store them in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast, tomorrow's tea and tomorrow's anytime. 

The over-consumption of happy junk foods during such a circumstance is perfectly normal, perfectly acceptable, perfectly justified. 

Yet, none of these I did, and none of them I'd had. 

No McSpicy, no McChicken, no Filet-o-Fish, no fried chicken(!?), no Mushroom Swiss. 

Instead, what I did have were the breakfast platters from McDonalds and Burger King, and shall I say, very delightful they were! 

Meat patties, hash browns, tater tots, omelets, cherry tomatoes, and PANCAKES- the latter which I relished a great deal, which I had with butter and maple syrup, and which I happily ate using my hands.  :D