Friday 20 March 2020

the Food of One Farrer






It might have been the mood that I was in on the occasion that I went there, but this meal here at One Farrer (which y'all know I've been before) was one that I sincerely looked forward to.
 
Could it be that I wanted the pictures?
 
Maybe. :D
 
Or it might be that I just "felt" like having some really tasty foods that day.
 
Like always I took a variety- a bit of this, a bit of that- but this time I made sure I took a plate of salad.
 
That's significant, because very, very seldom is it that I have salad for dinner. Breakfast (at a buffet) maybe, but dinner? Hardly. If I do, it can only mean that the lettuce leaves are really, really fresh, the salad buffet has ingredients that I like (ooh, couscous!), or for one dish at least I want to #eatclean. :D
 
This evening it was because I felt like eating clean.
 
And also because there was very lovely rock melon on the fruit platters and I like lettuce with fruits. Yes, I'm an oddball in this sense that I fancy my salads with fruits, or other ingredients that aren't necessarily greens. It is like I can have a dollop of milky scrambled eggs with my lettuce, or, like this evening, I can have rock melons by the side, have my lettuce leaves topped with  dried cranberries, black olives and alfafa sprouts, then finish it all with a dash of yuzu. (I tend not to do Thousand Island unless I really, really want to)
 
There were the frequent favorites- oysters (more than one plate), salmon sashimi (my companion aimed for the belly), cooked food (I took some fried rice, lots of mushrooms, a bit of salted egg prawns...) and of course, the dessert.
 
They've changed the dessert menu here since the last couple of times we've eaten here. There's still the chocolate fountain (for Lunar New Year the fountain was strawberry), a pretty good selection of cakes, durian pengat, jellies, little slices of marble cakes, and ice cream from Udders with unusual flavors like Honey Chrysanthemum, Thai Milk Tea, and Coconut.
 
I think I prefer having the cakes and marshmellows dipped in melted smooth flowing liquid chocolate.