Monday 5 August 2019

lotion of Lychee & Palm

 
A loved one gifted this to me many moons ago, and even though I'd taken this picture as early as this year, it is only now that I realize that, goodness gracious me, I haven't written about it at all.
 
No, it isn't because I've put it out of sight or that this gift has slipped my mind.

It is because I took the picture but then slotted it into a folder and then- as things go- didn't go back to the folder for a while.
 
Truth is, I've finished the entire bottle- there was a phase that I used it rather luxuriously- and if there is one hand and body lotion that I won't forget about, it is this.
 
See, I love anything and everything that is lychee infused. I've had lychee drinks, lychee sweets, lychee jellies, lychee ice cream (thank you McDonalds)... but it's all been food. So when I saw that this specially-flown-over from New Zealand body care lotion had lychee right smack on the front of the bottle and had its scent listed as an ingredient, I was completely blown over.
 
Only thing is... I didn't give too much attention to the other ingredient right there on the bottle- the palm.
 
And if you ask me, I don't know how the palm smells like either.
 
Because the scent of the lychee- yes, it had a real scent!- was pleasant, distinct and which overwhelmed me in such a lovely, fruity way that I wouldn't have minded if it were just lychee entirely. That would be very, very fruity, but as in all good quality scented stuff, there was a balance, a sort of roundedness that I think was brought about by the palm, where you had the rich scent of fruit balanced with the lighter, fresher scent of the green.  

It was lovely to be using the lotion in the mornings, and in the evenings. Interestingly, in the mornings, the lychee scent granted me a bit of perk, but in the evenings I got that vibe of fun.

How long I used it for, I can't remember now, but at one season of its usage, I was extremely thankful for it. The scent reminded me of the time I'd met up with the giver, and somehow made me feel like the person was around. 

Alas, the bottle is finished, but I'm glad for what I've had, I'm thankful for the present, the experience of lychee (and palm!)moisturiser, and most of all, the thoughtful one who gifted it to me.