Friday 15 June 2018

waffles @ Gelare


 
Heard of the messy bun?

Well, now meet the messy waffle.

Yup, this messy looking, sprinkled, scattered waffle was exactly what happened when I walked about the food circuit near the fountain at Suntec City on a Tuesday evening.

For the very simple reason that classic waffles at Gelare are half priced on Tuesdays.

It didn't matter that I'd eaten dinner half hour earlier and it didn't matter either if I was on some sort of diet plan that technically permitted desserts only on weekends.

When you're still hungry, when waffles are half priced, and when you just don't care, you just go for it.

I wasn't expecting this much an amount of Milo powder though.

Really, I didn't.

Sure, the menu had said that there would be Milo powder and chocolate flakes and crushed Oreo cookies with drizzlings of chocolate sauce and all that, but to see one mountain of Milo powder, and one more mountain of  crushed Oreos heaped upon the dual scoops of Rocky Road Chocolate ice cream quite took my breath away.

And it was lovely cutting up the waffle into little squares, scooping out a bit of the ice cream with my knife, placing it in the center depression of each square, sprinkling a little of the Milo powder on top with my fork and eating the whole square at one go.

I didn't finish everything, by the way.

There were still quite a bit of chocolate flakes left thereafter.